Founder & Endorsed Podiatrist
After graduating from La Trobe University in 2006 with a Bachelor of Podiatry he was awarded the Australian Podiatry Association Award for Excellence. Since then, Tristan has completed Footwear Manufacturing & Design (RMIT), Masters of Podiatry (UNISA) and a Postgraduate degree in Forensic Science(UOC). Tristan has practised extensively in private practice over the last 15 years and is also a sessional lecturer at Latrobe University. In conjunction to general practice he is currently undertaking extensive postgraduate training to become a Podiatric Surgeon and is endorsed by the Podiatry Board of Australia to prescribe scheduled medicines for conditions relating to the foot and ankle.
Professional Qualifications & Experience
- St Bernard’s College (Essendon) Victorian Certificate of Education (V.C.E) (1996-2001)
- La Trobe University (Bundoora) Bachelor of Podiatry (2002-2006)
- University of South Australia Master of Health Science-Podiatry (2009-2013)
- University of Canberra Graduate Certificate of Forensic Studies in Forensic Science (2012-2014)
- R.M.I.T Footwear Manufacturing & Design (2008)
- Principal Podiatrist Brimbank Foot & Ankle Clinic (2006-Current)
- Australasian College of Podiatric Surgeons-Basic Surgical Skills Education & Training course (2019)
- Graduate Certificate in Advanced Pharmacology for Podiatrists, University of South Australia (2019)
- AHPRA Endorsed to Prescribe Scheduled Medicines (2020)
- Postgraduate Surgical Traineeship (2020-Current)
- Sessional Lecturer La Trobe University Podiatry 4th Year Clinic (2020-Current)
- Lecturer KANGAN Tafe Certificate IV Allied Health Assistance Podiatry Units (2013-2016)
- Lower Limb Dry Needling (2015)
- Basic & Advanced Life Support (2020)
- Anaesthesia & Recovery Room Nursing – The Essentials (2020)
- IV Cannulation & Venepuncture ARIMGSAS (2021)
- Radiation Safety with Mini C-Arm X-Ray Equipment RADSMART (2020)
- Australasian College of Podiatric Surgeons Cadaveric Workshop Training Module and Facilitator (2020)
- Australasian College of Podiatric Surgeons Cadaveric Workshop Training Module and Facilitator (2021)
Professional Memberships & Awards
- Australian Podiatry Association Award of Excellence (2006)
- Full member of the Australian Podiatry Association
- Member Australasian College of Podiatric Surgeons
- La Trobe University Alumni Association
Publications & Presentations
- Fairbairn TG, Baarini O, Haddad A (2021)Vascular Leiomyoma overlying the Abductor Hallucis: A case report, Foot & Ankle Surgery;Techniques, Reports & Cases DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fastrc.2021.100104
- Preoperative assessment of patient with Atrial Fibrillation- ACPS Case Forum (2020)
- Protocol for routine post anaesthesia care following podiatric surgery: Initial assessment and measurement of clinical observations in the immediate post-operative period- ACPS Case Forum (2020)
- Preoperative assessment of patient with Liver Disease- ACPS Case Forum (2020)
- Mechanical & Chemical thrombophylaxis for foot & ankle surgery- ACPS Case Forum (2020)
- Perioperative management of diabetes for patients on the morning list- ACPS Case Forum (2020)
- Preoperative assessment of patient with ischaemic heart disease- ACPS Case Forum (2020)
- Foot & Ankle Surgery should be considered low perioperative Risk; Discuss- ACPS Case Forum (2021)
- ASA Classification to stratify risk prior to foot and ankle surgery- ACPS Case Forum (2021)
- Perioperative reduction/cessation of smoking and effect on surgical outcomes- ACPS Case Forum (2021)
- Preopertive assessment of patient with Kidney disease- ACPS Case Forum (2021)
- Perioperative Managment of the Obese Patient- ACPS Case Forum (2021)
- Risk Factors associated with Postoperative Pain- ACPS Case Forum (2021)
- Perioperative Management of Patient with Epilepsy – ACPS Case Forum (2022)
Amanda completed her Bachelor of Applied Science and Master of Podiatric Practice at Latrobe University from 2015 – 2019. She extended on her learning another 2 years to acquire the endorsement in podiatric scheduled medicines.
Amanda can provide general podiatry care, diabetes assessments, nail avulsion procedures, orthotic prescription and prescribing medications in the podiatry formulary in collaboration with patients and their GP.
Podiatrist & Orthotist
Sam is a Podiatrist with dual qualifications in Prosthetics & Orthotics as well as a Master of Podiatric Practice both achieved at La Trobe University. Sam has an interest in all areas of Podiatry but has a keen focus on biomechanics and complex orthotic presentations. He has worked in the private practice and public health settings throughout his Podiatry and Orthotics career and currently holds a position with Western United F.C in the A-league as the club Podiatrist.
Helen Nguyen graduated from La Trobe University in 2006 and has since worked primarily in private practice. Helen actively continues with professional development within the podiatry field and and has pursued her interest in diabetes by commencing a certificate in diabetes education.She is available for consultation at our Sunshine rooms.
Administration & Podiatry Assistant
Controlling the front end of the practice is Kylie Granville. In 2016 Kylie consolidated her podiatric knowledge by completing her Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Podiatry) . Kylie will be able to assist you with appointment making, sizing and fitting for shoes and any practice related enquiries. Kylie also manages infection control including intrument sterilisation.Prior to that she has had 15 years experience working within office roles such as EA/PA, client services, operations and general office management.